Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Aku dan Breast Cancer Bahagian 2

I have completed 6 cycle of chemotherapy "Docetaxel" on 15 April 2011, together with 3rd cycle of Herceptin. The next three weeks were the most miserable days of all. Usually, the side effect post chemotherapy would last about 1 week then I will fell better, better in term of can eat and less tired. For 3 weeks, I felt tiredness with epigastric pain, back ache that distubred my sleep. I lost track of how many tablets I've taken to ease the discomfort: dexamethasone, celebrex, Paracetamol and tramadol for the pain, omeprazole for gastritis, amlodipine for hypertension. And some for my supplement: neurobion, evening primerose oil, etc..(not going to mention other supplement afraid of indirectly promoting it)

Nevertheless, during that time, I had manage to force myself to KK few times for my LHDN's things, visited cousin in QEH twice and done a repeat CT scan post chemotherapy. The things is, I just have to do it rather than just sit or lie down at home. For the early CT scan appointment, I would like to thank my good old friend from SBPL, Hazhiha Asmat for helping me. She's working at the radiology department, QEH. Thanks also to Dr Fatimah (also ex-SBPLian), the radiologist for giving me early appointment.

So, come to the real story. 5 May 2011 I had my herceptin. During the review, both CT scan and bone scan( done it in HKL on 6 March 2011) results had came. Not to my surprise though, I had bone metastases. The only that surprised me and pulled me down is that the bone metastases not only involved 1 site but a lot..the spine (as I expected) at 2 sites and parietal, iliac, rib, pubic and few other sites.. It take me a great power to hold my tears in front of Dr Sucharit. And as I had promised myself that I will try not to cry in front of my daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment